I am a first-year PhD student in the LFCS at the University of Edinburgh, supervised by Sam Lindley. I am interested in Programming Languages, especially algebraic effects, effect handlers and type systems.
Previously, I was an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science at Peking University, supervised by Zhenjiang Hu in the PL Lab of Peking University. I was also a research intern in Tom Schrijvers' PL Group at KU Leuven remotely in Summer 2021.
- Ph.D. in Informatics, 2022 - Present, The University of Edinburgh
- B.S. in Computer Science, 2018 - 2022, Peking University
Publications & Manuscripts
- Structural Subtyping as Parametric Polymorphism
Wenhao Tang, Daniel Hillerström, James McKinna, Michel Steuwer, Ornela Dardha, Rongxiao Fu, Sam Lindley
- A Calculus for Scoped Effects & Handlers
Roger Bosman*, Birthe van den Berg*, Wenhao Tang*, Tom Schrijvers (*equal contributions)
- Contract Lenses: Reasoning about Bidirectional Programs via Calculation.
Hanliang Zhang, Wenhao Tang, Ruifeng Xie, Meng Wang, Zhenjiang Hu
- Tracking Linear Continuations for Effect Handlers
SPLS, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland, UK, March 2023 [Slides]
λQ: A simple quantum programming language and compiler. Spring 2021. [Report] [Slides]
SyGuS Solver: Design and implementation of solvers for a subset of the Syntax-Guided Synthesis problem. Fall 2020. [Slides]
λM: A language with dependent types and termination checking. Spring 2020. [Report] [Slides]
Subgraph Isomorphism: Implementation and optimization of algorithms for the subgraph isomorphism problem. Spring 2020. [Report]
- TA & Tutor, Elements of Programming Languages, The University of Edinburgh, Fall 2022.
- TA, Introduction to Computer System, Peking University, Fall 2020.